Did you recently graduate from high school? Will you be graduating soon? This component of the Student Support Services program serves as an introduction to the college experience for those who recently graduated from high school and will be attending UALR during the subsequent fall semester as 4-year degree seeking students (does not include students in pre-professional fields such as nursing and pharmacy).
Students selected to participate in the Summer Bridge Program will be introduced to the skills necessary to be successful in college and will receive individualized support in adjusting to the college environment. Through this program, students have access to services that support their transition from high school to college.
Summer Bridge Dates:
Summer IV: Call 501-569-3035
Summer Bridge Application Deadline:
Summer IV: June 2014 (details TBD)
Summer Bridge students can enroll in up to two 3-credit hour courses, such as: developmental college courses in reading, English, or math; introductory-level college courses in math; and/or a speech communication course. The student is responsible for tuition and fees. Housing is not provided.
- College learning strategies
- Kuder Career Assessment
- Financial and economic literacy workshops
Basic selection criteria:
In addition to meeting the basic eligibility requirements for participation in Student Support Services, all applicants must:
- Be a recent high school graduate (May or June 2012)
- Have a Composite score of 21 or less on the ACT
- Have an ACT Reading score between 15 and 18, or
- Have an ACT English score between 15 and 18, or
- Have an ACT Math score of between 15 and 19
- Have a 2.50 high school GPA if ACT is less than 21
- Complete an SSS application
For more information please contact:
Student Support Services Summer Bridge Program
(501) 569.3280 or (501) 569.3052