Will¬†you graduate from high school ¬†between December 2014 and June 15, 2015? Have you already been admitted to attend UALR in the Fall 2015?
This component of the Student Support Services program serves as an introduction to the college experience for those who recently graduated from high school and will be attending UALR during the subsequent fall semester as 4-year degree seeking students (does not include students in pre-professional fields such as nursing and pharmacy).
Students selected to participate in the Summer Bridge Program will be introduced to the skills necessary to be successful in college and will receive individualized support in adjusting to the college environment. Through this program, students have access to services that support their transition from high school to college.
TBD (in conjunction with the¬†Dr. Charles W Donaldson Summer Bridge Academy)
All summer bridge participation requires participation on campus with Student Support Services during move-in weekend and¬†throughout enrollment at UALR.
- College learning strategies workshops
- Financial and economic literacy workshops
- Kuder career assessment
- Learning style assessment
Basic selection criteria:
In addition to meeting the¬†basic eligibility requirements¬†for participation in Student Support Services, all applicants must:
- Be a recent high school graduate (December 2014 – June 2015)
- Have a Composite score of 21 or less on the ACT, or
- Have an ACT Reading score between 15 and 18, or
- Have an ACT English score between 15 and 18, or
- Have an ACT Math score between 15 and 20
- Have a 2.50 high school GPA if ACT is less than 21
- Complete an SSS application
Students must complete the¬†SSS application ¬†and submit it and any supplemental materials¬†to our offices by June 1, 2015¬†to be considered for participation.
For more information please contact:¬†
Student Support Services Summer Bridge Program
Summer IV: Call 501-569-3035