UALR Study Abroad, in partnership with various units of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, strives to provide support and services to the study abroad community of students, faculty, staff and parents. UALR Study Abroad is committed to providing academically based international experiences that will cultivate global awareness by:
- Providing access to international and cross-cultural experiences through a variety of study abroad programs including semester/year exchange, short-term faculty-led and affiliated programs.
- Establishing new programs in areas (geographic and/or discipline) where opportunities are lacking.
- Promoting, encouraging, and educating students and faculty on the opportunities available to study abroad including scholarships, major-specific programs, credit transfer and application requirements.
- Working with UALR Faculty to create short-term programs to meet the needs of UALRās unique student body and/or target disciplines which have historically limited options for studying abroad.
- Providing and facilitating health and safety education through access to information, expertise and resources including study abroad advising, mandatory pre-departure orientation, updated website information, and communicating prior to international travel, while abroad, and upon re-entry about all necessary issues and concerns.
- Fostering continued intercultural interactions on campus.