The Office of Study Abroad at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock encourages students to expand their educational experiences and intellectual perspectives by participating in a Study Abroad experience. Through study abroad programs, students actively participate in new cultures and experience critical, first-hand engagement with global challenges, which in turn, help them become effective and influential leaders in our global society. UALR Study Abroad seeks to engage the diverse UALR student population to become intentional learners who have a heightened sense of global awareness.
To foster these experiences, the Office of Study Abroad, will provide support and services to prepare students for their international experiences. Study Abroad is committed to providing academically based international experiences that will cultivate global awareness by:
- Develop and provide substantive international learning opportunities.
- Prepare students and program directors for successful study abroad experiences.
- Promote inclusive, affordable opportunities.
- Support and collaborate with UALR Faculty and Staff to create programs to meet the needs of UALR’s unique student body to ensure quality programs and services.
- Foster intercultural interactions on campus.
- Uphold the best practices in the field of international education.