Rain Story – Screenwriter

Rain StoryRain Story came to UALR with a love of storytelling, but concerned that an English major wouldn’t lead to a paying job. She didn’t need to worry.

The 2006 Donaghey Scholar and veteran of the William Cooper Honors Program graduated with double majors in English and Spanish, and today is living in Beverly Hills, Calif., working as a screenwriter, script consultant, and actor.

“I am fully enjoying the passion that I’ve had all my life in shaping and telling stories that change people’s lives,” she said.

She credits the education she acquired at UALR.

“Through the Donaghey Scholars Program and the William Cooper Honors Program, I gained education, insight, and skills that catapulted me into a whole new lifestyle,” she said. “My education at UALR was the key that opened the door to the future that I have always dreamed about. I couldn’t have done it without UALR, the Donaghey Scholars Program, or the William Cooper’s Honors Program. I am so proud to be a part of this great college. Thank you, and thanks to all the professors that encouraged me and gave me the tools to make my dreams come true.”

Posted in: College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Donaghey Scholars Program, News
Read more about: , ,