Bonnie Robertson – Attorney

Little Rock-based Attorney Bonnie Robertson knows firsthand the uncertainties and struggles that come with divorce and custody issues, as well as the blessings that come from blended families.

As a former client once facing a similar situation herself, she said she knows what it feels like to entrust another person with that very important and personal part of life.

Robertson said she uses the knowledge gained from her education at UALR to advocate for the many clients she has served since establishing her own law office over 12 years ago.

A former Donaghey Scholar, she graduated magna cum laude from UALR in 1997 and was admitted to the Arkansas Bar following graduation from the UALR Bowen School of Law.

“The Donaghey Scholars program specifically, and the university in general, opened so many doors for me,” she said.

“The many student organizations offered on campus, in addition to the curriculum and professors, provided the perfect balance of real-world preparation with academic enhancement.”

Today, Robertson Law Firm offers four locations and four attorneys that serve most of Arkansas in the areas of family and criminal law. Robertson said her firm’s success could be partially attributed to the professors at UALR who always encouraged her to follow her dreams.

“The law can be unpredictable or even unfair,” she said. “But what is predictable is the dedication, preparation, and level of competency I am able to bring to each of my clients’ cases.”

Q&A with Bonnie

If you could spend one day anywhere, where would it be and why? Life is short, so if I want to go somewhere, I do it.  But to answer where I will go next time I want to go and have the opportunity: Villalobos Dog Rescue.  I’ve become very interested in animal welfare/law and especially the plight of pitbulls.

If you could talk to anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why? Prince.  I’ve loved him since I was 12 years old.  I want to ask him how he’s so awesome.

What is your hands-down favorite meal? Pizza.

When I was a child, I was always … Poor but happy, thanks to my mom.

What one word sums you up? Passionate.

Posted in: Donaghey Scholars Program, News, William H. Bowen School of Law