James Simpson – Attorney

jamessimpsonJames Simpson, a partner at the law firm of Friday, Eldredge & Clark, said the education provided by UALR proved to be a “perfect fit.”

“I needed to work to be able to go to school, and I was able to keep my job in Little Rock while getting a degree in four years,” said Simpson. “We were taught by full-time professors, many of them Ph.D.s, and I received an excellent, well-rounded education.”

Simpson was recently sworn in as president of the Arkansas Bar Association, and he will serve as its president during the 2013-14 bar year. The voluntary, statewide organization has more than 5,000 members.

Simpson, who received his bachelor’s degree in political science from UALR in 1974, has tried more than 135 jury trials in business litigation and personal injury suits. He successfully argued the constitutionality of state gaming laws before the Arkansas Supreme Court and was instrumental in bringing electronic gaming to Arkansas.

His honors include being named a Top 50 Arkansas lawyer in Mid-South Super Lawyers and being listed as one of The Best Lawyers in America.

“My professional successes can be attributed to hard work and getting an education,” said Simpson. “I’m proud to be a UALR graduate.”

Posted in: College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, News