Monica Platek – Financial services

Monica PlatekMonica Platek’s journey to her “dream job” with Little Rock-based McLarty Companies started during an MBA Open House day at UALR while the Polish native was visiting the United States.

“Everyone was very positive and nice. Also, the location of the campus and affordable tuition made me feel UALR would be a great place to do my MBA,” said Platek.

Immediately after the open house, Platek emailed an international student advisor, who made the process of applying easy.

She says her favorite memory of her time at UALR was International Celebration Day, a November event organized by the Office of International Services that highlights the contribution of international students studying on campus.

“It was truly amazing experience and my best day there,” said Platek.

Platek said the most remarkable aspect of her education was the people who surrounded her.

“The relationships and guidance I received from both peers and teachers really helped me to set my career goals and prepared me for real-world experiences,” she said.

Platek’s favorite course was an elective on business plan competition and network technology.

“I remember bothering Dr. Bailey so much after class with many questions about the projects, but she was always so positive and extremely willing to help,” Platek said.

Even after graduation, professors in the College of Business assisted Platek in her employment search.

“I had amazing mentors and I will never forget their help,” she said. “I have learned so much during my time in the College of Business. The professors were very helpful and inspiring. Thanks to UALR, I am now doing what I love to do.”

Posted in: College of Business, Grads@Work, MBA, News