Choices for Sustainable Living (UALR students)
The UALR Sustainability Committee offers every student the opportunity to enroll in the Choices for Sustainable Living discussion course. The free course includes a booklet with readings for seven discussion sessions. The course offers an opportunity for students to help the UALR Sustainability Committee:
• define our roles in creating a sustainable world,
• use ecological principles to address interconnected crises we currently face,
• lessen our impact on the Earth through choices about the way we eat,
• build supportive, interdependent relationships that help move our campus community to a more sustainable way of living,
• identify problems of our current transportation systems and how the campus community can reduce its dependence on driving,
• identify sustainable paths toward economic health, and
• make positive and lasting change in our own lives and the campus community.
Sustainable Systems at Work (UALR employees)
The UALR Sustainability Committee offers every faculty and staff person the opportunity to enroll in the Sustainable Systems at Work discussion course. The free course includes a booklet with readings for five discussion sessions. The course offers an opportunity for faculty and staff to help the UALR Sustainability Committee:
• generate campus-wide actions to reduce energy use and promote efficiency,
• address the impact of materials used and waste generated,
• reduce fossil fuel consumption used in transportation,
• conserve water and promote a more sustainable food system, and
• identify, prioritize, and plan for the integration of sustainability goals.
Contact the UALR Sustainability Committee to sign up for the next free discussion course.