Take Back the Tap Results
- 150 students signed the pledge to reduce or give up bottled water and to TAKE BACK THE TAP!
- 174 reusable eco-friendly refillable water bottles were distributed to participants
Take Back the Tap Description
Take Back the Tap aims to reduce the consumption of bottled water by UALR students.
- Each student will sign a pledge saying they will not purchase bottled water
- Each week, students will log the number of times they refilled their reusable bottles
- From this log, we will calculate cost savings, ounces consumed, and plastic bottles kept out of landfills
- We will monitor the students water consumption for one month
- We will provide students with a campus map of locations where they can refill their reusable bottles
- The first 200 students to sign up will receive a free reusable bottle.
Watch this video for additional information about Take Back the Tap!