The Department of Teacher Education offers the Bachelor of Science in Education (BSE) Degree in Early Childhood Education, leading to licensure for preschool through 4th grade.
Admission to the program will only be considered if the student has completely met the following requirements:
- Formal admission to UALR.
- Cumulative 2.65 GPA
- Completion of 60 Hours General Education Core to include:
- College Mathematics or College Algebra (MATH 1315/1302)*
- Compostion I and II (RHET 1311 & 1312)*
- Speech Communication (SPCH 1300)*
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Exams **
- Completion of all background checks (FBI, State Police and Child Maltreatment)
* with grade C or above
** Note that Praxis and/or GRE scores take approximately three (3) weeks for UALR to receive the scores.
Retention in the Program
Once admitted, students are required to:
- Maintain a 2.65, with at least a C in all professional courses.
- Studentsâ€™ professional skills and dispositions will be evaluated throughout the program.
- Students must conform to all aspects of the NAEYC Code of Ethics. Any violation of any of theÂ terms of this code may result in removal from the program.
Completion of the Program:
- A GPA of 2.65 and completion of all courses on the degree plan with a minimum grade of C.
- Passing scores on the Praxis II exams
- Submission of all required artifacts into Chalk & Wire Electronic Portfolio
- Graduation application completed on BOSS
Recommendation for Teacher Licensure:
- Contact Lundon Pinneo, the CEHP licensure officer.
- An official UALR transcript showing the date the degree was granted
- Official transcript from all other institutions attended (Must be in a sealed envelope)
- Required Praxis II scores **
- State Police and FBI record check
Dr. Jennifer Hune
Dr. John Burgin