TAMS awards will be given to minority graduate students from groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education. In return the students will participate in TEAMS with the aim of helping to increase the number of UALR minority students who enter and graduate from a professional or graduate school.
Criteria for Eligibility:
* Be members of a minority group traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
* Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
* Be an Arkansas resident.
* Be fully admitted to a degree-seeking graduate program
* Be pursuing the first degree at that level
* Be in good standing and making progress toward a degree
* Have endorsement of UALR staff or faculty, for mentoring and professional development
* Submit a history or plan of involvement with the TEAMS initiative
The award will include half of the tuition (not including fees), a maximum award of $600 for one semester. Awards are for one semester only. Students must apply for each semester. Students requesting renewals must be able to demonstrate significant involvement in TEAMS during the semester(s) for which they were previously awarded the scholarship.
Deadlines are July 1st for fall awards and October 15th for spring awards.
TAMS applications may be downloaded from the applications link. The TAMS applications should be returned to Shannon Clowney, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School and TEAMS Director. If you need further assistance please contact any member of the TEAMS staff at 501-569-8659.