UALR Test Center Code: 001320
Types of Exams:
There are two “types” of ACT tests, National and Residual. UALR administers only the ACT national.
The national test is offered at hundreds of testing centers in February, April, June, September, October, and December. National scores can be sent to any university a student selects.
The ACT Residual Test is offered by some universities exclusively for their students. Residual scores are valid only at the campus where you take the test. They cannot be transferred to or used by another institution.
Score Reports Sent to UALR
Only official score reports that come directly from ACT are accepted. Student reports, high school transcripts, photocopies, faxes, etc. are not acceptable. If a student needs to have a score report sent to UALR, one should visit the ACT website at act.org to submit a request.
UALR receives ACT scores electronically for regular registrants who indicated UALR as a recipient at the time of their registration for a specific exam date. Testing Services uploads these scores to the University system within 14 working days, barring any delays. Standby score uploads may take longer.
ACT National Registration
There are two ways to register for the ACT national test:
- Register online and pay with a credit card. Check the test registration deadlines before you begin the process!
- A paper registration packet may be requested directly from ACT, if you meet certain criteria. UALR no longer receives paper registration packets.
Test day standby registration is no longer permitted. If you have missed the late registration deadline and would like to try to test as a standby, you must follow ACT’s Standby procedures.
Standby Admission at UALR
- After all examinees who registered by the deadline are seated, the test supervisor will determine how many standbys can be admitted. She will seat standbys first-come, first-served according to the standby list. Standbys who are not ready (no acceptable ID, or stand-by admission ticket) cannot be admitted.
- Standby admission is not guaranteed. No determination can be made until the test day after all registered examinees have been seated. While we make every attempt to seat standbys, there are days when standbys are turned away. Your best bet is to register by the deadline for the ACT test.
Changing Your Test Center or Test Date
This option applies ONLY if you have registered for the ACT and now need to change to a different center or a different test date. You MUST make this change online BEFORE the late registration deadline. Follow the directions on the ACT website.
Extended Time and Special Accommodation
- If a student can test with extended time, on one day, at a national test center, and does NOT need additional accommodation, he/she should register online through the ACT National Extended Time.
- Students requiring special accommodations SHOULD NOT register online. Web registration is for National Extended Time only. Special Testing requires a completed Request for Special Testing form submitted directly to ACT, with the appropriate testing fee and required documentation by postal mail.
UALR Testing Services is not permitted to participate in test preparation of any kind per our contracts with the testing companies. We also do not endorse any company, organization, online entity, etc. It is up to the examinee to investigate the various test preparation options.
The following are resources available through ACT and the Central Arkansas Community:
- “Preparing for the ACT” is a free ACT published booklet.
- ACT additional test preparation guides.
- The UALR Academic Success Center (formerly the Center for Developmental Skills) offers test prep assistance.
- Pulaski County Youth Services offers ACT prep to eligible high school students on occasion. Call 501.340.8250 or email email@example.com for details. An application for ACT test prep is available on their website.
- Arkansas Commitment
- Center for Diversity Affairs at UAMS.
- Khan Academy
- ACT Help Center in Little Rock, Arkansas is not affiliated with ACT. It is a separate test preparation company.
- One can find other ACT prep ideas online. For example, go to www.google.com and in the search box type “ACT preparation.”
- Arkansas Extended Learning Center