Make sure to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are not permitted.
The Chemistry 1402 Placement Exam is one prerequisite for enrollment in CHEM 1402. It measures the level of one’s proficiency. One must also have successfully completed MATH 1302, or a higher-level math course, prior to enrollment in CHEM 1402.
The goal, of the Chemistry Placement Exam, is to facilitate proper course placement to increase the likelihood of student success once enrolled in CHEM 1402. Course credit is not awarded.
Please refer to the Chemistry Department’s website for additional information regarding all requirements.
- You may take the test only once a semester.
- The test is free.
- Photo ID is required for admission. Acceptable IDs include: UALR ID card, driver’s license, passport, Arkansas ID, or military ID.
- A basic non-programmable calculator is permitted.
- Scratch paper is provided by Testing Services and collected after your exam.
- Please take note of the items that are prohibited.
- A score of 60% or greater is required to “pass” the exam.
On your appointment date, you will be provided with these Chemistry Placement Test Instructions and asked to review them before testing.