What is DEPS?
These services are available for online courses only!
Distant education proctoring services provide support to faculty to improve the quality of online course instruction. Since the program is designed to identify students taking courses in the online environment. we ask that faculty, who have the means and ability to identify their own students in a weekly classroom environment, assist us by removing that volume from our small lab.
Please take note of the testing lab hours of operation when considering your exam time frame.
- Remote proctoring using Remote Proctor Now (RPNow)
- RPNow student access
- RPNow faculty introduction.
- The most common CMS’ (content management systems) are supported by RPNow
|Secure test materials||X||X||X|
|On site personnel to assist with questions||X||X||Online chat and phone technical assistance 24/7||X|
|Record video||X||X||varies by center|
|Screen viewing technology||X||X||Ability to proctor Blackboard exams||X||X|
|Flat rate proctoring fee||Free for UA Little Rock students
$30 non-UA Little Rock
|Free and available only to UA Little Rock students|
How to set-up your class for DEPS and exam submission
- Create your exam or upload your question bank into the online course delivery system for your class:
- Review the information you have entered.
Exam submission to Testing Services
The deadline for a request submission is 14 working days PRIOR to the first test date.
Accommodated exam requests involve a different procedure. Please refer to the “Faculty Accommodated Testing Proctor Requests“.
- If you do not have an account in the “Professor Module” of Register Blast, you must create one. This module has replaced Jotform, but is just as easy to use.
- Go to the “Professor Module“
- Enter your first name and last name
- Enter your email address
- Create a password and confirm the password
- Click the “enroll” button to complete the process
- Be sure to check Testing Services’ hours of operation before designating the time frame within which your students must test.
If you encounter any difficulties, you may contact Testing Services, 501.569.3198
Faculty must not make appointments for students.
- Accommodated students will be contacted by the accommodations coordinator after your test administration request has been received in Testing Services.
- Students who do not require accommodation and elect to test in the Testing Services’ lab, should make their appointment online or by entering the URL ualr.at/exam.
- Students who desire to test remotely, must call Testing Services at 501.569.3198 to schedule an appointment. They must not use the online scheduler. Remote testing utilizes a completely different system, access, and process. Please direct students to contact Testing Services with questions.
Accommodated testing requests
Test proctoring requests must be received at least 14 business days prior to the start date of the exam.
Testing Services will help facilitate accommodated testing for students. Faculty should follow the instructions on the Faculty Accommodated Testing Proctor Requests page.
Testing Services accommodation contact:
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University Avenue
Student Services Center, room 315
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204
Disability Resource Center contact:
Access Consultant – Technology
Remote proctoring is available only for UA Little Rock faculty and students.
UA Little Rock uses the online service Remote Proctor Now, (RPNow) to provide educators and students, in distance learning environments, with an on-demand, convenient, and easy to use testing alternative. Students may take exams 24/7, in the comfort of their own homes, using their computer, webcam, microphone, and an internet connection.
A RPnow site has been created specifically for UA Little Rock. For more information, please refer to Testing Services’ “Remote Proctoring” page.