Please call Testing Services at 501.569.3198 to reserve an appointment date and time.
UALR Testing Services serves as a testing center for students taking courses at UALR. Each instructor determines how the exams, in their courses, will be proctored. Please contact Testing Services at 501.569.3198 with the name of the instructor and course number to receive details about taking your exams.
Hours of Operation and Appointment Times:
Testing Services offers proctoring services to UALR students, by appointment:
- Monday and Thursday from 8:30Â a.m. to 8:00Â p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:30Â a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and
- Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
No examinee will be seated later than 5:45 p.m. on Monday or Thursday, 3:45 p.m. on Tuesday or Wednesday, 11:00 a.m. Friday, or 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
If You Do Not Live in the Central Arkansas Area:
- Search the NCTA Consortium of College Testing Centers for a testing center near you. If you are unable to find a testing center within a reasonable distance, please contact UALR Testing Services for acceptable proctor options.
- Print out the DEPS Proctor Agreement form and have it completed by the Testing Center you have selected.
- Fax the form to UALR Testing Services at 501.569.8096.
- Once the proctor has been verified, you will be able to take all of your UALR exams at the center you have selected. NOTE: Fees and amenities vary by center. Please verify the center’s proctoring fees before agreeing to test with another site.
- UALR Testing Services: $0 – there is currently no class exam proctoring fee for UALR students.
- Other testing centers: Varies – Centers may charge a flat rate or per hour for their services. This charge will be your responsibility. Please verify proctoring fees before agreeing to test with a site other than UALR.
What to Bring on Your Scheduled Test Date:
- Official photo ID with your current legal name. The name on your ID must match the name on your class roster. Please contact UALR Records and Registration for information regarding name changes.
- Testing fee(s). Call ahead to see which types of payment your selected test center accepts.
- Other items approved by your instructor. For example, some tests are open book, or permit you to use a dictionary or calculator. Information on these items should be included in your course syllabus. If you have questions, contact your instructor. UALR Testing Services cannot permit you to use any such items unless approved by your instructor. UALR Testing Services will not provide these additional materials.
Do NOT Bring:
- Cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices. They are not permitted in our test rooms, even if they are turned off.
- Food, drinks, gum, or candy.
- Bookbags, papers, books, study guides, and other items cannot be taken into the testing room (unless the directions on your test allow you to use them). You are encouraged not to bring such items to our office. If you bring them, we will ask you to store them in a locker. We cannot take responsibility for lost, damaged, or forgotten items.
- Children. They are not permitted in the testing room. Testing Services staff are not permitted to provide child care while you take your test. Please note that we are required to report you to the authorities if you leave a child unattended.
After You Have Completed Your Exam:
Your test will be returned to your instructor in the manner they have requested. Scoring will not be done by Testing Services staff.
Contact Your Professor if:
- You have questions regarding the format or content of your test.
- You need information on receiving grades. UALR Testing Services does not score your test nor receive your grades.
- You have questions about make-up exams or testing outside of the testing window.