UALR Testing Services serves as a test center for students taking courses online or through correspondence Distance Education Programs.
Proctoring services are available by appointment only during our regular hours of operation.
Please make an appointment here.
$25 per exam
The $25 fee is due on your exam day. If, after testing, you need to have your exam “overnighted” back to your correspondence university, please tell us when you arrive, so we may complete your paperwork while you are testing. There is a significant additional fee for overnighting test materials.
How to Schedule Distance Education Proctoring Services:
- Ask your distance education university to mail, fax, or email your test to:
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Office of Testing Services
2801 South University Avenue
Student Services Center, room 315
Little Rock, AR 72204501.569.8096 (Fax)
Contact Person: Ms. Collette Johnson
NOTE: It is your responsibility to request that your test be sent to UALR. If your exam is online, your Distance Education university should email the password and instructions for the delivery of your exam.
- When your university informs you that your test has been mailed:
- Call UALR Testing Services at 501.569.3198 to see if your test has arrived.
- If we have received your test, you may set your appointment.
- If your test has NOT arrived, call again in a day or so to check. We must have your test materials BEFORE confirming an appointment. Since we do not know when the test has been mailed or will be received, we cannot promise a testing date until your exam is in our office. Due to the large number of tests we administer, we do not keep waiting lists or make telephone calls to tell you that your test has arrived.
What to Bring on Your Scheduled Test Date:
- Official photo ID with your current legal name. The name on your ID must match the name on your test.
- $25 testing fee. The $25 fee is a minimum. Some tests may cost more, depending upon how much time is necessary to prepare for, administer, and process a specific test.
- Payment is accepted by check, money order, or credit card (VISA or MasterCard). We cannot accept cash in Testing Services, but the UALR Cashier’s Office does. The Cashier’s Office is located on the first floor lobby of the Student Services Center. It is open Monday through Friday, and closed on Saturday. If you pay with cash to the Cashier’s Office, you must secure a receipt and present that receipt to Testing Services staff to verify payment of your testing fee.
- Items approved by your correspondence university. For example, some tests are open book, permit the use of a dictionary, calculator, or notes. It is UALR Testing Services policy to collect and shred hand-written notes while typed notes may be returned to you if your university permits.Information regarding permissable items should be included in your course syllabus. If you have questions, contact your instructor. UALR Testing Services cannot permit you to use any such items unless approved by your instructor.
Do NOT Bring:
- Cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices. They are not permitted in our test rooms, even if they are turned off.
- Food, drinks, gum, or candy.
- Bookbags, papers, books, study guides, and other items cannot be taken into the testing room (unless the directions on your test allow you to use them). You are encouraged not to bring such items to our office. If you bring them, we will ask you to store them in a locker. We cannot take responsibility for lost, damaged, or forgotten items.
- Children. They are not permitted in the testing room. Testing Services staff are not permitted to provide child care while you take your test. Additionally, we are legally mandated to report you to the authorities if you child(ren) are left unattended.
After You Have Completed Your Exam:
Your test will be returned to your correspondence/Distance Education university. If your instructor has requested that the exam be mailed, it will be sent on the next regular mail run from our office.
Contact Your Distance Education University or Professor if:
- You have questions regarding the format or content of your test.
- You need information on receiving grades. UALR Testing Services does not score your test nor receive your grades.
- You have questions about returning textbooks or assignments. You are responsible for submitting your assignments and returning your textbooks to your Distance Education university.