An appointment is required. Walk-ins are not permitted.
NOTE: One MUST have successfully completed either College Algebra, Trigonometry, or Calculus in addition to achieving a passing score on the Chemistry Placement Test to be allowed to enroll in Chemistry.
The General Chemistry Placement Test is one prerequisite for enrollment in CHEM 1402 that measures one’s level of proficiency.
The goal, of the General Chemistry Placement Test, is to facilitate proper course placement to increase the likelihood of student success once enrolled in CHEM 1402. Course credit is not awarded.
Please refer to the Chemistry Department’s website for the General Chemistry Placement Test for additional information regarding all requirements.
- You may take the test only once a semester.
- A score of 60% or greater is required to “pass” the exam.
- The test is free.
- Government issued photo ID is required for admission. Acceptable IDs include: UA Little Rock ID card, driver’s license, passport, Arkansas State ID, or military ID.
- A basic non-programmable calculator is permitted.
- Scratch paper is provided by Testing Services and collected after your exam.
- You are responsible for learning which items are prohibited and our policies regarding children, cell phones, and electronic devices.
On your appointment date, you will be provided with these Chemistry Placement Test Instructions and asked to review them before testing.