Distance Education Proctoring Services (DEPS) for UALR Students
An appointment is required for all DEPS testing. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins. Please call Testing Services at (501) 569-3198 to reserve a date and time.
UALR Testing Services serves as a testing center for students taking courses at UALR. Each instructor determines how the exams, in their courses, will be proctored. Please contact Testing Services at (501) 569-3198 with the name of the instructor and course number to receive details about taking your exams.
Days and Times:
Testing Services offers proctoring services to UALR students, by appointment, Monday-Thursday from 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No examinee will be seated later than 5:45 a.m. Monday-Thursday, or 11:00 a.m. Friday.
If You Do Not Live in the Central Arkansas Area:
- You can search the NCTA Consortium of College Testing Centers for a testing center near you.
- Print out the Distance Education Proctor Agreement formand have it completed by the Testing Center you have selected.
- Fax the form to UALR Testing Services at (501) 569-8096.
- Once the proctor has been verified, you will be able to take all of your UALR exams at the center you have selected. NOTE: Fees and amenities vary by center. Please verify the center’s proctoring fees before agreeing to test with another site.
- Students may test from home if they are not within a reasonable distance of UALR or another testing center.
- The software program, Remote Proctor Now, is utilized to deliver the exam. Students’ are identified and monitored through their home computers, and web cameras.
- Exams can be taken day or night.
- Students pay online to have their exam proctored remotely.
- The test session is viewed for footage representing the possibility of misconduct.
Please verify proctoring fees before agreeing to test with a site other than UALR.
- UALR Testing Services: $0 - there is currently no class exam proctoring fee for UALR students.
- Other testing centers: Varies - Centers may charge a flat rate or per hour for their services. This charge will be your responsibility.
- Remote Proctor Now charges a flat rate of $15 per exam.
What to Bring on Your Scheduled Test Date:
- Official photo ID with your current legal name. The name on your ID must match the name on your test.
- Testing fee(s), if they apply. Call ahead to see which types of payment your selected test center accepts.
- Other items approved by your instructor. For example, some tests are open book, or permit you to use a dictionary or calculator. Information on these items should be included in your course syllabus. If you have questions, contact your instructor. UALR Testing Services cannot permit you to use any such items unless approved by your instructor. UALR Testing Services will not provide these additional materials.
Do NOT Bring:
- Cell phones, pagers, beeping watches, or other electronic devices. They are not permitted in our test rooms, even if they are turned off.
- Food, drinks, gum, or candy.
- Bookbags, papers, books, study guides, and other items cannot be taken into the testing room (unless the directions on your test allow you to use them). You are encouraged not to bring such items to our office. If you bring them, we will ask you to store them in a locker. We cannot take responsibility for lost, damaged, or forgotten items.
- Children. They are not permitted in the testing room. Testing Services staff are not permitted to provide child care while you take your test.
After You Have Completed Your Exam:
Your test will be returned to your instructor. Blackboard exams are sent immediately. Paper/pencil exams will be placed in the UALR intercampus mail the next business day.
Contact Your Professor if:
- You have questions regarding the format or content of your test.
- You need information on receiving grades. UALR Testing Services does not score your test nor receive your grades.
- You have questions about make-up exams or testing outside of the testing window.