Distance Education Proctoring Services (DEPS) for Non-UALR Students
UALR Testing Services serves as a test center for students taking courses online or through correspondence Distance Education Programs.
Proctoring services are only available on Friday mornings at 9:00 AM.
You must call (501) 569-3198 for an appointment. We cannot accommodate drop-in testing, and your first-choice test date may not always be available.
To keep our fees low, we do not offer evening or weekend proctoring services. If you need to test at night or on weekends, check with your school. They may be able to refer you to another testing center with a schedule that better fits your needs.
$25 per exam
The $25 fee is due on your exam day. Please note that if you plan to pay with cash, it MUST BE submitted to the Cashier’s office on the first floor of the Student Services Center, *AND* only on Monday through Friday; the Cashier’s office is closed on Saturdays. We will accept a check, Visa, MasterCard, or money order.
If, after testing, you need to have your exam “overnighted” back to your correspondence university, please tell us when you arrive, so we can complete your paperwork while you are testing. There is a significant additional fee for overnighting test materials.
How to Schedule Distance Education Proctoring Services:
- Ask your distance education university to mail, fax, or email your test to:
Ms. Arrayon Farlough, Testing Coordinator
Department of Testing Services, Student Services Center 315
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204
Fax: (501) 569-8096
NOTE: It is your responsibility to request that your test be sent to UALR. If your exam is online, your Distance Education university should email the password and instructions for the delivery of your exam.
- When your university informs you that your test has been mailed:
- Call UALR Testing Services at (501) 569-3198 to see if your test has arrived.
- If we have received your test, you may set your appointment.
- If your test has NOT arrived, call again in a day or so to check. We must have your test materials BEFORE confirming an appointment. Since we do not know when the test has been mailed or will be received, we cannot promise a testing date until your exam is in our office. Due to the large number of tests we administer, we do not keep waiting lists or make telephone calls to tell you that your test has arrived.
What to Bring on Your Scheduled Test Date:
- Yourself! Please be on time.
- Official photo ID with your current legal name. The name on your ID must match the name on your test.
- $25 testing fee (check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or exact cash. Please note that if you plan to pay with cash, it MUST BE submitted to the Cashier’s office on the first floor of the Student Services Center, *AND* only on Monday through Friday; the Cashier’s office is closed on Saturdays. The $25 fee is the minimum charge. Some tests may cost more, depending upon how much time is necessary to prepare for, administer, and process a specific test.
- Other items approved by your correspondence university. For example, some tests are open book, or permit you to use a dictionary or calculator. Information on these items should be included in your course syllabus. If you have questions, contact your instructor. UALR Testing Services cannot permit you to use any such items unless approved by your instructor.
Do NOT Bring:
- Cell phones, pagers, beeping watches, or other electronic devices. They are not permitted in our test rooms, even if they are turned off.
- Food, drinks, gum, or candy.
- Bookbags, papers, books, study guides, and other items canot be taken into the testing room (unless the directions on your test allow you to use them). You are encouraged not to bring such items to our office. If you bring them, we will ask you to store them in a locker. We cannot take responsibility for lost, damaged, or forgotten items.
- Children. They are not permitted in the testing room. Testing Services staff are not permitted to provide child care while you take your test.
After You Have Completed Your Exam:
Your test will be returned to your correspondence/Distance Education university. If your instructor has requested that the exam be mailed, it will be sent on the next regular mail run from our office.
Contact Your Distance Education University or Professor if:
- You have questions regarding the format or content of your test.
- You need information on receiving grades. UALR Testing Services does not score your test nor receive your grades.
- You have questions about returning textbooks or assignments. You are responsible for submitting your assignments and returning your textbooks to your Distance Education university.
Important Information about Scheduling:
Please note that our proctoring services test schedule can vary depending upon various factors:
- While we shall make every effort to meet your scheduling needs, please remember that we administer many tests to many students. Plan ahead so you will have some flexibility when scheduling your test dates. To avoid disappointment, please do not wait until the very last moment, only to find that you cannot test on the one day you had hoped. Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
- Sometimes we have other large testing programs scheduled that prevent us from offering proctoring services on the days we normally would. (We typically test 700 or more examinees per month!)
- On occasion, we have so many proctoring requests from examinees who want to test at one time that we cannot accommodate them all. In that case, we shall offer to schedule you on our next available date.
- During our peak periods (at the beginning and end of each semester, for example), we have many students trying to come in to test. Our scheduling is much more flexible outside of these peak periods.
- Sometimes we must block out certain dates due to staff availability.
- If you are having a test “overnighted” to us, please be aware that such deliveries are made to our mailroom and not directly to our office. Therefore, we may not receive your test until the next afternoon.