Prov develops and administers online and paper/pencil examinations for construction industry licensing and certification.
The Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners
The Arkansas Division of Labor, in conjunction with the Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners (BOEE), oversees the licensing process for electricians. The Board has contracted with Prov, Inc. to develop, and administer their licensing examination program.
Arkansas law requires state licensing for each individual who is an electrician, or who is engaged in electrical work, or who uses any title, sign, card, advertisement or other device to indicate that they are engaged in electrical work.
To become licensed, you must first complete the appropriate application with the Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners. Applications are posted online at the Boardâ€™s website. Once you have been approved for testing, the Board will notify you that you are eligible to contact Prov to schedule your examination. You will be eligible to take the exam for six (6) months.
Prov is not authorized to make the determination of which examination(s) candidates must take. If you are unsure which exam is needed for the license being sought, resolve this question before scheduling. If you have questions regarding which exam(s) to take, you must call the Board at 501.682.4549.
10421 West Markham St.
Little Rock, AR 72205
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
13614 Progress Blvd.
Alachua, FL 32615
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No cameras, recorders, cell phones or other communication devices are allowed in the testing room.
- Talking is not allowed in the testing room.
- Neither smoking nor smoking materials are allowed in the testing room. Please note that UALR is a smoke-free campus.
Candidates may bring the following approved items into the testing center:
- Pencils. (Paper/pencil testing only)
- Calculator. Only simple 4-function calculators are permitted.
- PDAs, cell phones or other special calculators (i.e. ElectriCalc, etc.) are NOT permitted.
- Approved References. (See the information in the candidate bulletin).