The UA Little Rock Dance program offers the only Dance BFA degree in the state of Arkansas, access to training from world-recognized faculty and guest artists, and numerous opportunities for connections to the professional world of dance across the country. Our students immerse themselves in rigorous technical training, performances in both theatre and dance, off campus, touring opportunities throughout the region with the department dance company, and challenging theory and design courses to integrate a fuller understanding of dance as a performing art.
At UA Little Rock you will experience a supportive environment to fully evolve your goals as a performer, choreographer, teacher, studio owner, arts administrator, designer, or several other related career options. Each student is guided by faculty mentors and advisors to help them uncover a path for success in the area of their personal passion. Whether a student’s dream is a performing career, graduate school, or a double major in another field of interest, we believe in exploring diverse viewpoints, the importance of the learning process, and stretching the boundaries of both the individuals and art form.
Highlights of the program include:
- Guaranteed performance opportunities each year for all BFA dance majors
- Classes in ballet, modern, jazz, and tap
- 8:1 students-faculty ratio to support individual attention for each student
- All required courses taught by full time faculty
- Student funding for off campus performance opportunities
- Yearly attendance at the American College Dance Association
- Professional affiliation with Ballet Arkansas
- A dance touring company
- Talent based scholarships
- Study abroad opportunities
- Live accompaniment in all ballet and modern classes
- Ability to double major in subjects across the college and university
LIKE | SHARE | FOLLOW