- What is the core curriculum?
- What majors/programs are available at UALR?
- When should I declare my major?
- Do I have to declare a minor?
- How do I register for classes?
- If I enroll and do not pay for my classes, will UALR drop me for non-payment?
- What is UALR’s enrollment confirmation process?
- Where do I go if I need help adjusting my schedule?
- How do I withdraw from my classes once I am enrolled?
Commonly referred to as â€śgeneral education requirementsâ€ť or the â€śbasics,â€ť the core curriculum helps to establish a foundation for the undergraduate academic experience and to ensure that students develop fundamental skills and a lifelong commitment and ability to learn. Students seeking a baccalaureate degree must complete 44 hours from the Universityâ€™s Core Curriculum. Please note that the Core curriculum may vary by academic program (i.e. for majors within the College of Information Science & Engineering Technology and Nursing).
A list of UALR majors/programs can be found in the “Undergraduate Catalog” under the Majors by Type.
Departments have differing major requirements. Your advisor can also help you plan to meet your specific requirements and, if you are comfortable with your choice, will encourage you to declare. Some majors require that certain core courses be completed with a specific grade before admission, while others do not. Your academic advisor can provide you with your major requirements or you can find them in the UALR Undergraduate Catalog.
Declaring a minor will depend on which major program you choose. Some majors will require a minor while others do not. Please check with your intended major department regarding a minor requirement. You can also find information by clicking here.
- Sign in to your BOSS account
- Read the important dates then Click Here to Continue
- Select the STUDENT SERVICES tab
- Select the REGISTRATION
- Then click on ADD/DROP Classes
- If it is your registration period, you will see a row of boxes at the bottom of the screen. Put the CRNs for the classes you have chosen in the boxes
- Hit submit
- You are registered for those classes. If you see a STOP sign, then you were unable to register for that class. Read the warning to see why you could not register for that class. If possible, clear up the problem and register for it again
For the Spring 2013 semester, you will be required to confirm your registration and satisfy payment requirements to reserve your class selections. Payment in full or a down payment on a deferred payment plan must be made for any charges not covered by Financial Aid before you may confirm your registration. Failure to confirm and/or pay will result in your class selections being deleted. Students who owe a previous balance will also have their class selections deleted. Confirmation opens December 19.
If you register between Nov. 16-Jan. 11 you must confirm by Jan. 11, by 5 p.m. If you register between Jan. 14-Jan. 18 you must confirm by Jan. 18, by 5 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Once confirmed, if you decide not to attend UALR for that semester, you must withdraw by 4 p.m. Jan. 18, 2013, to receive a 100 percent charge adjustment. For more information on the confirmation process visit ualr.edu/bursar.
For detailed information regarding the confirmation please contact the Bursar’s office.
UALR has created an excellent guide to show you how to use BOSS. Academic advisers and Records and Registration staff in the Student Services Center can also assist students with schedule ajdustments. However, it is the student’s responsibility to learn how to use BOSS.
BOSS will allow you to drop all enrolled classes prior to the last day to register, add, or adjust schedules (check the Registration Pocket Guide for date). After that date, you will need to go to the Office of Records and Registration to fill out a withdrawal form.