Find teaching resources, tips for lessons, and tools for grades K-12.
UALRTeach Program Resources:
- UALRTeach Resources for Checkout
- Laboratory Safety (LiveBinders)
- Technology in the Classroom (LiveBinders)
- Teaching Degree.com (Teaching Resources)
- SMART Portal – Science and Mathematics Accessible Resource Tool (SMART)
- Lab Safety – online curriculum on laboratory safety in Physical Science, Chemistry and Physics
- Create a Graph – NCES Kids’ Zone online graph creator
- Using Excel to Create Graphs – step-by-step guide to creating graphs using Microsoft Excel
- Periodic Table Sites – Science Spot organization of 20+ online Periodic Table sites
- PBS Science Odyssey – TV series offerent “You Try It”, interactive activities including Atom Builder, Probe the Brain, and Technology at Home
- BrainPOP – creates animated, curricular content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement
- VoiceThread – is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments
- OLOGY – American Museum of Natural History’s website for kids
- ePals – A complete online learning environment for primary and secondary schools around the world
- Go2Web20 – Web 2.0 search index
- The Jason Project – connecting students to real science and exploration
“Our students should have a kinesthetic brain break every 25-30 minutes. Brain breaks are refreshing to students and teachers alike. They do take some time out of class, but the efficiency of our students goes up when we incorporate them. Please comment if you have variations on a particular brain break.” David Sladkey, author of Energy Brain Breaks blog.
- Energizing Brain Breaks – David Sladkey’s blog with explanations of what, why, and how of brain breaks.
- Brain Breaks activity charts – organized by the Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- ADE Free Technology Resources for Schools – Arkansas Department of Education’s list of online resources organized by grade level.
- Framework for Teaching – The Danielson Group’s research-based set of components of instruction
- Problem-based Learning – Study Guides and Strategies
- Cooperative Learning Class Activities – most derived from Dr. Spencer Kagan and Kagan Publishing and Professional Development
- Science Inquriy: The Link to Accessing the General Education Curriculum
- Five E Learning Cycle Model – and approach to inquiry learning
- Intel’s Resource for Student-Centered Learning
- Computing Technology for Math Excellence – Project-based learning for math
- Edutopia – Project-Based Learning Professional Development Guide
- Bloom’s Taxonomy – Resources for using Bloom’s in the classroom
- Student Learning Objectives Action Verb List
- Bell Ringers – Article for using Bell Ringers effectively
- PALS – on-line, standards-based, continually updated resource bank of science performance assessment tasks indexed via the National Science Education Standards (NSES)
Travel as a Teacher
- Toyota International Teacher Program – The Toyota International Teacher Program is an international professional-development opportunity for U.S. secondary school teachers focusing on environmental stewardship and global connectedness.
- The Earthwatch Institute: Education Fellowships and Live from the Field – The Earthwatch Institute, an international nonprofit organization founded in 1971, which recruits volunteers from many fields every year to join research teams around the globe.
- PolarTREC sends teachers for 2-6 weeks to participate in hands-on field research experiences in the polar regions.
- Fulbright Teacher Exchange – seeks to improve mutual understanding among teachers, their schools and communities.
- World Affairs Council’s list of travel opportunities for teachers.
- Educational Seminars Program offers exchanges during the summer to various countries.
- Earth Explore Adventures is a science-based learning adventure for grades 5-12.
- SeeTurtles education program allows students and teachers to help recovering sea turtle populations.
- Discovery Student Adventures provides opportunities for teachers to travel with students all over the world through the eyes of an explorer, a scientist, an adventurer.
- People to People Ambassador Programs offer benefits for teachers