Thank you for interest in UALRTeach! This program is designed to attract a wide range of bright science and mathematics majors into secondary teaching careers, and to prepare you through an advanced field-intensive curriculum for the high demands of the teaching profession.
It is very important to UALRTeach¬†that the classroom visits are beneficial and enriching experiences to all involved. For that reason UALRTeach¬†has created a set of expectations of UALRTeach¬†students.
Before classroom visits by UALRTeach students:
- Student teams are expected to meet (in person or via phone or email) at least once with their mentor teacher to discuss and schedule their classroom visits.
- Students plan and practice lessons in collaboration with the university master teacher/instructor.
- Students send lesson plans to the mentor teacher prior to their teaching visits.
During classroom visits by UALRTeach students:
- Students arrive at least 10 minutes prior to teaching and bring all necessary materials to teach the lesson.
- Students dress and act in a professional manner during all visits.
- Students follow classroom and school rules as they are communicated by the mentor teacher.
- Students teach the entire lesson independently according to their lesson plan.
After classroom visits by UALRTeach students:
- Students clean up all materials and return the mentor feedback form to the university master teacher/instructor.
Throughout the semester:
- Students stay in contact with the mentor teacher through e-mail.
- Once a teaching schedule is established, only the mentor teacher or university master teacher/instructor can change teaching dates. If a student is ill or otherwise unable to teach on a scheduled date, his/her team mate will teach the lesson alone.