Authorization to Operate State Vehicles and Private Vehicles on State Business

Mandatory: A legible copy of your driver’s license must be attached to the form.

Authorization to Operate State Vehicles

Any student or employee operating a motor vehicle on official business or a sponsored trip, must be age 18 or older and complete an Authorization to Operate a Motor Vehicle form. This form acts as a release to permit UALR to check the driving record, and anyone found to have an unacceptable record will not be allowed to drive.

Incidents which would deem a person as having an unacceptable driving record could include having excessive driving points (10+), a suspended or revoked driver’s license, a DWI offense, or lack of liability insurance.

The authorization form should be submitted to the Office of Finance and Administration (SSC 425) with a legible copy of a driver’s license at least 10 calendar days prior to the travel date, to ensure enough time for the driving record check.

Once the driving record is received, a representative of the Office of Finance & Administration will inform the sponsor(s) or department head(s) of eligibility to drive on behalf of UALR.

Please contact Gloria King at 501.569.3202 or with your questions.