Insurance FAQ

Is there student insurance available for summer camps and extra curricular activities?

Yes, it is available for $1.65 per insured person, per week. This insurance can be used to insure students of all ages when they are participating in UALR sponsored camps or activities. Contact the Office of Finance and Administration at 501.569.3202 to purchase this insurance.

How do I purchase insurance for a special event I am hosting?

Request event insurance by contacting the Office of Finance and Administration by email (, and supplying the following information: date of event, name of insured, expected attendance, name and address of person to send the certificate to, and the FOAPAL you wish to charge the insurance expense.

What is the name, provider, and policy number of the university’s business auto insurance?

Business Auto Insurance: Policy #03 APM001001-01; Company: Cypress Insurance Company; University’s Broker: Regions Insurance/Little Rock

What types of vehicles are covered under the business auto insurance policy? What coverage is provided? What policy limits and deductibles apply?

The policy provides Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability coverage up to a combined limit of $1,000,000 for any one accident or loss for any auto in use for university business. The policy provides both Uninsured Motorist and Underinsured Motorist coverage with a maximum limit of $100,000 for any one accident or loss and Auto Medical Payments coverage with maximum limits of $5,000 per person/$10,000 aggregate for any one accident or loss for all university-owned autos. The policy sets a $1,000 deductible, per occurrence.

Who is responsible for paying the deductible in the event of a vehicle damage caused by an accident or other covered event?

The departments authorizing use of such vehicles are responsible for paying the deductible.

Can departments request removal of Comprehensive and Collision coverage from specified autos?

Yes. Requests should be made to Risk Management, 501.686.2940.

What coverage is provided/not provided under the policy for employees/students using their personal autos for university business use?

The policy provides Bodily Injury & Property Damage liability coverage up to a combined limit of $1,000,000, but only as excess coverage to any insurance collected from other collectible insurance.  The owner’s personal insurance on the autos driven by employees/students provides primary coverage. Employees/students are required to have auto liability coverage on any personal auto being used for university business purposes. Arkansas law also requires the owner of any licensed auto to maintain auto liability insurance. The policy does not provide any Comprehensive or Collision coverage for employees/students using personal vehicles for university business. Part of the mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicles for university business is to cover insurance premiums and repair costs.

What if I have other questions about the university’s business auto insurance coverage?

Please contact the Office of Finance and Administration, 501.569.3202, or Risk Management, 501.686.2940, for answers to your questions.