Each year the Little Rock Writing Project brings together successful teachers from all levels of instruction–elementary through college–and from across the academic disciplines for an intensive, four-week Summer Institute. The aims of the institute are as follows:
- To help participants broaden and deepen their knowledge of writing theory and practice;
- To give participants an opportunity to demonstrate their best practices in teaching writing;
- To give participants an opportunity to write and to share their writing;
- To prepare “teacher-consultants” who can teach approaches to writing instruction to other teachers.
Participants who successfully complete the Summer Institute receive 6 graduate credit hours at no cost and are certified as National Writing Project and Little Rock Writing Project teacher-consultants.
- The dates for next year’s Summer Institute are June 9 - June 30, 2014.
- Applications for the Summer Institute are due January 30.
- Once complete, applications are reviewed and interviews scheduled.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to wait for the deadline, but to complete their applications as early as possible.
Heather Hummel, Director
Little Rock Writing Project
Department of Rhetoric and Writing
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, Ar 72204