Invitational Summer Institute
Each year the Little Rock Writing Project brings together successful teachers from all levels of instruction–elementary through college–and from across the academic disciplines for an intensive, four-week Invitational Summer Institute. The aims of the institute are as follows:
- To help participants broaden and deepen their knowledge of writing theory and practice;
- To give participants an opportunity to demonstrate their best practices in teaching writing;
- To give participants an opportunity to write and to share their writing;
- To prepare “teacher-consultants” who can teach approaches to writing instruction to other teachers.
Participants who successfully complete the Invitational Summer Institute receive 6 graduate credit hours at no cost and are certified as National Writing Project and Little Rock Writing Project teacher-consultants.
- The dates for the 2013 Invitational Summer Institute are June 10 - July 1.
- Applications for the Invitational Summer Institute are due January 11.
- Once complete, applications are reviewed and interviews scheduled.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to wait for the deadline, but to complete their applications as early as possible.