Summertime has just arrived, but it is not too soon to begin preparing for the fall semester at UALR. Here is a handy registration guide for the important dates and deadlines for the fall 2012 semester – from admissions and financial aid to commencement.
- Entering freshmen should submit their application and credentials for admission to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15.
- All other undergraduates must submit admission applications by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22. That also is the deadline for UALR employees to submit their tuition discount forms to the Provost Office.
- Applications for graduate programs are due by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29. Application deadlines for graduate programs vary, so prospective students should check with their departments for details.
- See an academic advisor prior to registration. Advising is mandatory for most students.
- Early registration began May 2 and will continue until 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17
- Regular registration runs Friday, Aug. 18, through 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22. This is the last chance for entering freshmen to register.
- Late registration is allowed from Thursday, Aug. 23, until 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, for a $100 late registration fee.
- Students seeking financial aid for the fall semester must complete the 2012-2013 Free Admission for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms and also should apply for assistance from the state Department of Higher Education by July 1, the preferred deadline. The final deadline is Nov. 1.
- Have a financial aid plan in place or establish a payment plan before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22 to avoid a late payment fee. Late payments are due by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29. Need help? Call the office of Admissions and Financial Aid at 501-569-3035.
The semester begins with Freshmen Convocation on Wednesday, Aug. 22, followed by the first day of classes on Thursday, Aug. 23. Saturday classes begin Aug. 25.
Needing to drop a class? Do it before 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16. The deadline to withdraw from the semester is 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10.
Planning on a December commencement? Graduation applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5. Candidates should stop by one of the Grad Fest sessions. They are held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 10 and 11, on the lower level of the Donaghey Student Center. There, students can order invitations, caps and gowns, and sign up for a year’s membership in the Alumni Association.
It all comes together with the pomp and circumstance of commencement on Thursday, Dec. 20, at the Jack Stephens Center.