Temperatures may be topping 100 degrees, but fall is coming soon – UALR’s fall semester anyway. Here is a handy guide for the important dates and deadlines for the fall 2012 semester – from admissions to financial aid to commencement.
- Entering freshmen should submit their application for admission, transcripts, and any other admission credentials to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15. Don’t forget – missing the deadline will result in deletion of all class selections.
- All other undergraduate admission applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22. Applications for graduate programs vary. See the department for details.
- Aug. 22 also is also the deadline for UALR employees to submit their tuition discount forms to the provost’s office.
- Students who register for fall classes from April 17 to Aug. 17 must confirm their fall registration and satisfy payment requirement by 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17.
- Anyone registering between Aug. 18 and 29 must confirm the term and satisfy payment requirements by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29.
- Once confirmed, students who decide not to attend the semester must withdraw by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29 to receive a 100 percent refund. Refunds are based on the date of withdrawal. Financial aid recipients who withdraw from the term may owe a repayment of financial aid funds.
- Within 24 hours of registering for class, students will receive a @ualr.edu email account. Always check it – as well as the ualr.edu website – for messages from the university. The website is also the official source for inclement weather closings and other information.
- The earlier, the better is the key to seeking financial aid. Priority deadlines began in March. The final deadline for fall is Nov. 1. Miss this semester’s deadline? It’s not too soon to start applying for spring semester aid.
- Start the financial aid quest by completing the FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid – at fafsa.ed.gov. Students also should apply for state financial aid at adhe.edu.
- Students should have financial aid in place or establish a payment plan before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22, without a late payment fee. Late payments are due by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29. Need help? Call the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at 501-569-3035 or visit ualr.edu/financialaid.
Freshmen gather from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Aug. 22, for Freshmen Convocation at the University Theatre in the Center for Performing Arts. Thursday, Aug. 23, is the first day of classes for the fall semester. Saturday classes begin on Aug. 25.
Need to drop a class? Do it by Nov. 16. The deadline to withdraw from the semester is Dec.10.
Planning on a fall commencement? Graduation applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5. Candidates should attend Grad Fest, which is held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday to Thursday, Oct. 10 to 11, on the lower level of the Donaghey Student Center. Students can order invitations, caps and gowns, and sign up for a year’s membership in the Alumni Association.
It all comes together with the pomp and circumstance of commencement on Thursday, Dec. 20, at the Jack Stephens Center.