UALR’s annual Sustainability Day on Wednesday, Oct. 24, will celebrate the Earth and the practices that protect it with a campus full of activities.
Volunteers will be on hand to help unload vehicles and place items on a trailer or in the proper receptacles.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Donaghey Student Center’s Upper Concourse, information tables will showcase sustainability efforts of various UALR units, departments, and organizations.
Local businesses and UALR partners will be on hand to provide information and instruction on sustainability methods.
“Shoes will be collected from students, staff, and faculty to be donated to an organization that sees they get onto the feet of those who need them,” said Katie G. Becker, an interpreter and transcriber at the Disability Resource Center who is helping organize sustainability activities. “Racks will be available for people to bring clothes to donate as well as look for clothes to enhance their own wardrobe. The key here is for each swapper to bring three items to swap for one item taken.”
Gloves and trash bags will be available for volunteers in the campus cleanup to collect any stray trash, particularly around smoking areas.
Schedule of activities:
7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Drop off of electronics, household hazardous waste, light bulbs, plastic, aluminum, glass, and household batteries for recycling and paper for shredding, Parking Lot 15.
- Discard unused prescription and non-prescription medications for disposal, Parking Lot 15.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Information tables showcasing sustainability efforts of various UALR units, departments, organizations, and community organizations, DSC Upper Concourse.
- Shoe drive, DSC Upper Concourse.
- Clothing swap, DSC Upper Concourse.
- Campus trash clean-up.
For more information, contact Becker at 501-683-7628 or email@example.com.