8 November 2013

Basketball season is (finally!) upon us

posted by Jennifer Godwin

I don’t know about you all, but I am ready for some hoops. I still remember the first basketball game I ever attended – I was 6, and my dad took me to see the Harlem Globetrotters playing at Barton Coliseum. While I can’t say I had the attention span to follow the game in its entirety, I was intrigued. Over the years, watching basketball has grown into one of my favorite fall/winter activities I share with my dad, a Trojan alum.

Speaking of our Trojans, both teams kick off their season with home openers starting this weekend. The women’s team, picked to win the Sun Belt conference title this year, plays Sam Houston State at 2 p.m. Sunday, while the men’s team goes up against North Florida at 7 p.m. Monday.

And don’t forget, students get in free! (be sure to have your valid UALR ID card on hand)

Tickets for the general public can be purchased ahead of time, too.

Will Neighbour UALR-MBB_9269web Trojan Fans Josh Hagins James White Gus Leeper Taylor Gault Taylor Ford Kiera Clark Ben-Dillard_1386web

4 Responses to “Basketball season is (finally!) upon us”

1. michael says:

finally after a few month break, the NBA is back, hopefully there will be some new talent emerges from the local team

2. Paul says:

So it’s finally on, huh? Good luck to Trojans this season!

3. Chicketta Jackson says:

Good luck to the Trojans and Lady Trojans this season, especially to my cousin Taylor Gault!!!!!!! Lets Get it!

4. ray ray says:

Good luck to the Trojans in Memphis Friday night.
    Some of us will be at Pearl’s Oyster House before the game!!

299 s. main