A strong alumni network enhances the value of a degree from a university. Many UALR alumni have discovered ways to show their Trojan pride by giving back to the community and by excelling in their professionals lives.
- Alan Ables, B.A. ’69, has published a fiction novel, “Tale of the Tape: Two Unlikely Heroes Take Down the Dixie Mafia.”
- Simon Gould, B.S. ’90, will be inducted into the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Hall of Fame.
- Lynn Hamilton, MBA ’79, has been named president and general manager of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Hamilton is also the 2013 UALR College of Business Distinguished Alumnus.
- Joseph W. Price II, J.D. ’07, was selected to participate in the Arkansas Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Class of 2013-14.
- John Rainwater, J.D. ’09, was selected to participate in the Arkansas Bar Association’s Leadership Academy class of 2013-14.
- Janet Davis, B.A. ’72, and Dr. Glenn Davis, ’72, were named 2013 Outstanding Philanthropists by the Arkansas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Bryan Hosto, B.B.A. ’85; J.D. ’89, was promoted to the Board of Directors of Make-A-Wish Mid-South.
To learn more about UALR alumni, go to http://ualr.edu/alumni.