It’s one of those holidays you love or love to hate. Whatever your affinity or relationship status, here are five things you can do this week for Valentine’s Day:
1. Get sweet. The Concert Choir is having a bake sale with such enticing cupcake flavors as Pink Champagne and M&M Valentine. Try to share at least a couple with those you love. This isn’t the week to be greedy, especially with chocolate.
- When: Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Fine Arts Building Lobby
2. Send a serenade. The Concert Choir will be making the rounds Friday as traveling troubadours. For $20, you can arrange for a quartet of advanced voice students to serenade your friends or loved ones on campus; for $30, you can arrange for the quartet to sing off-campus within a 15-mile radius of UALR. The performance includes delivery of a single long-stemmed rose and a personalized card.
- When: The deadline for placing orders is Thursday, Feb. 13, at noon. You can also call Karen Kuralt at 501.352.2380 or email her at email@example.com
3. Or belt one out yourself. University Village will host an Anti-Valentine’s Day Karaoke, complete with pizza-making stations. We’ve heard “Since You’ve Been Gone” will be among the tunes on the list. UALR residents are invited to the fun.
- When: Friday, 7 – 10 p.m.
- Where: University Village Clubhouse
4. Be sweet with treats. Head to the UALR Bookstore and buy your sweetie’s favorite snack (Who wouldn’t love a month’s supply of Gardetto’s?! What? I can’t be the only one who dreams of the rye chips). Be creative and add it to a gift basket along with a UALR T-shirt or hat.
- When: The UALR Bookstore is open from 7:45 a.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday
- Where: Donaghey Student Center, lower level
5. Diamonds aren’t just a girl’s best friend. The Trojan baseball season starts this week, so what better time to show some love to our student athletes? (Seize the moment! The high on Friday is forecast to be around 60 degrees, making it the perfect time to get outdoors.)
- When: Friday, 3 p.m.
- Where: Gary Hogan Field