In celebration of April’s annual Earth Day events, the UALR Sustainability Committee is looking for students who want to give their “take” on what it means to be sustainable through photography.
Whether it is a picture of a renovated house or a factory that has been refurbished into a green space, or anything in between, this contest is for photographers of all skill levels, and creative approaches are encouraged.
Most importantly, the committee encourages potential photographers to have fun!
• Must be a UALR student
• Must submit photo on the UALR Facebook sustainability page by midnight Wednesday, April 9
• Photos must be an original work with maximum of two entries allowed per person
• Effectively portrays a dimension of sustainability, either environmental, economic, or social (15 points)
• Tells a sustainable story (10 points)
• Depicts a clear center of interest (10 points)
• Demonstrates photographic quality (10 points)
• Facebook feedback (5 points)
First and second place awards will be given based on the merit of the photo as determined by the judging rubric. In addition, one prize will be awarded for the photo with the most Facebook likes. The winners will be announced 72 hours after the Facebook online submission deadline.
The 2014 judges are Drs. Kevin Cates, Michael DeAngelis, Michael Kleine, Sharonda Lipscomb, Mary Tillman-Boyd, and VaCresha White.