An exciting lineup of free activities for all students continues as the University of Arkansas at Little Rock campus celebrates Trojan Daze – the Welcome Week festivities for fall 2014.
The events started Wednesday, Aug. 13 and run through Friday, Aug. 22. Trojan Daze promises to offer a little something for everyone. Contact the Office of Campus Life at 501.569.3308 for additional information.
This Week’s Activities
Monday, Aug. 18
- Non-traditional Student Programs Open House, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Office of Campus Life, Room 216. Stop by for information on mentoring, tutoring, scholarships, and all the support services available for non-traditional students.
- Back to School Bash, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Upper Concourse. Come kick off the fall 2014 semester with free food, music, and swag galore!
- Ice Cream with the vice chancellors, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Upper Concourse. Grab a free ice cream bar and meet a UALR Vice Chancellor on the way to class!
- Family Feud Game Show, 7 to 9 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Come win some cash and have a blast playing the familiar game.
Tuesday, Aug. 19
- Non-Traditional Student Programs Open House, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Office of Campus Life, Room 216. Stop by for information on mentoring, tutoring, scholarships, and all the support services available for non-traditional students.
- UALR After Dark, 5 to 7 p.m. Across campus, students will be handing out survival bags to evening students.
- Meet the Greeks, 7 to 9 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Come preview the UALR fraternity and sorority community and find out how to go Greek!
Wednesday, Aug. 20
- Student Organization Fair, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Come find your way to get involved through one of UALR’s 130 registered student organizations!
- UALR After Dark, 5 to 7 p.m. Students will be handing out survival bags to evening students.
- Entertainer Matt the Knife, 7 to 9 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Meet the outrageous mentalist, magician, and speaker known for his trademark brand of wit that blends intense charisma with wickedly humorous improvisation and unique performance art. He has shattered more Guinness World Records than any other magician ever!
Thursday, Aug. 21
- International Club potluck, 6 to 8 p.m., University Village Clubhouse. Join the International Club as they kick off the fall 2014 semester with a potluck dinner! For more information contact Vivien Fechner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comedic Dating Coaches, 7 to 9 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Dave and Ethan divulge valuable dating advice to college students across the nation through reenactments, monologues, interactive exercises, videos, and original songs.
Friday, Aug. 22
- University Program Council Meet and Greet, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., DSC Upper Concourse. Find out how to become a member of one of the most exciting student organizations on campus.
Previous Week’s Events
Wednesday, Aug. 13
- Dinner with Parents, 5 to 6 p.m., DSC Diamond Cafe
- Movie Night, 8 to 10 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. “The Amazing Spider-Man 2”
Thursday, Aug. 14
- Battleship, 8 to 10 p.m., DSC Pool. Battleship is a modern take on naval warfare as teams battle in canoes, using little more than hands and four teammates while trying to fill the opponents boat with water.
Friday, Aug. 15
- Freshman Convocation, 10 to 11 a.m., University Theater. This ceremony will mark the beginning of the freshman class’ academic journey, with all of the regalia of the academic processional and recessional to foreshadow the graduation celebration.
- Brunch, 11 a.m. to noon, DSC Diamond Cafe
- Snow Cones with the Greeks, 1 to 3 p.m., Campus Drive. Chill out with free snow cones.
- Trojan Wars, 3 to 5 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall. Come learn the answer to questions about prevention at this interactive sex education session.
- BBQ and Blues Dining Event, 5 to 7 p.m., DSC Diamond Cafe. For more details, follow Sodexo Dining Services on Facebook.
Saturday, Aug. 16
- College Survival Skills, 10 am. to 3 p.m., Come experience the skills and resources needed to survive in college. Presentations on roommate horror stories, how to keep a scholarship, how to cope with stress, and much more! For more information, please contact Nick Steele at email@example.com.
- Casino Night, 7 to 9 p.m., DSC Ledbetter Hall.
Sunday, Aug. 17
- What’s Your Story? 1 to 3 p.m., DSC. To know someone well is to know their story—the experiences that have shaped them, the trials and turning points that have tested them. UALR a great place to continue writing that story while getting to know others. Come celebrate your story!
- Kickball, 5 to 11 p.m., Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex. This is a great way for all UALR students, staff, and faculty to get involved on campus, meet new people and have a great time. Join in the fun, laughter and helping kick off the Reach 13,000 food drive.