Course Learning Outcomes
There are three “big questions” which this course helps you to be able to answer.
• What makes a persuasive speech effective?
• What are the ethical implications of the speeches we make?
• What role does public speaking play in creating better social worlds?
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Answer the course big questions;
- Deliver public presentations that are organized using macrostructure;
- Deliver public presentations that assert claims supported by credible evidence;
- Use appropriate self-disclosure, stories, examples, and translation of statistics to engage an audience throughout a public presentation; and
- Evaluate their ability to meet course and unit learning outcomesthrough a written formal self-assessment.