We have a three step process for helping our majors move through our program towards graduation–on-boarding advising, peer advising, and graduation check advising. Read about the groups below to find out which one is the best fit for where you’re at in your journey! If you’re still not sure, please call (501) 569-8385 or email Dr. Kristen McIntyre, email@example.com.
Newly declared majors (45+ hours) or majors that do NOT have an ACOM degree plan (check the “plans” tab in DegreeWorks —if you have your semesters and courses laid out up to graduation, you’re ready for Peer Advising or Graduation Check Advising, if not find your best fit below)
- Students with 90+ hours and 15+ hours of your ACOM degree completed, schedule an appointment with Dr. April (click here to make an appointment) to get your degree plan set up.
- Online only students (this means you can only register for 9U online sections) OR student athletes schedule an appointment with Mrs. Katie Halford (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your degree plan set up.
- On campus students (this means you can take both face-to-face classes and online classes), schedule an appointment with Dr. Bailey M. Oliver (email@example.com) to get your degree plan set up.
2. Peer Advising
ACOM majors who have 1) an ACOM degree plan and 2) less than 90 hours.
The Communication Skill Center Assistant Directors–Ms. Desiree Doyle, Mr. Nigel Spears, and Ms. Taemora Williams–will be meeting with students to help make sure they’re on track towards graduation.
- One-on-one on-campus or online advising session: click here to schedule an appointment.
- On-campus or online group session: click here to sign-up for a group session.
3. Graduation Check Advising
ACOM majors who have 1) an ACOM degree plan and 2) enrolled 90+ hours.
If graduation is right around the corner, you’ll need to schedule an appointment with Dr. April to make sure everything’s in order so you can walk across that stage when the time comes!
Contact (501) 569-8385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to talk to our Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Gerald Driskill.