2021 Student Competitive Submission Information
- NEW this year is the DIGITAL SUBMISSION process. Works can be submitted between Feb. 10 and March 4, 2021. See fields below.
- Digital images must be 1 – 5 MB. Digital files need to be labeled including the student’s last name and title.
a. The Photography Student Assistants will set dates in the Lighting Studio to help students photograph their work.
b. There is also a lighting and photography set up in the 3-D area and students can work with their instructors to take photographs. 1 – 3 views of sculptural objects may be entered per piece.
- Animation submissions should adhere to the following formatting requirements
a. MP4 formatted using h.264 codec
b. 720p video resolution
c. Minimum 30 seconds, maximum 120 seconds long
- You must be currently enrolled in an art course or a current art major or MA in Art graduate student at UA Little Rock to submit artwork
- Only artwork made in relation to a UA Little Rock art course – since the competitive was cancelled last year (Spring 2020) – work created in Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 can be entered.
- Fields – You must fill out the fields below for each entry. If you are selected for the exhibition you will receive an email between March 12 – 14, 2021. Scholarships, purchase awards and cash awards are presented to students as prizes. This is why we need you T# and mailing address.
a. Student Name
b. Email (You will be notified through this email if you get in the exhibition.)
d. Students T#
i. Sale Price / NFS
- A sale price or NFS (not for sale) are the only acceptable options. HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT PRICING WITH YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND OR BRAD CUSHMAN (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR NATHAN LARSON (email@example.com).
- The Student Competitive is a juried exhibition. A person with no affiliation to UA Little Rock choses the exhibition. Brad and Nathan assist the juror during that process, but artworks chosen or rejected are the juror’s decision alone.
- Students will be notified between March 12 – 14, 2021 if their work has been accepted into the exhibition.
- Students will drop off work March 17 and 18, 2021 at the Brad Cushman Gallery in WCAD
- Artwork must be presentation ready to hang. This means, if your artwork is selected, we will be able to install it / hang it with no complications. TALK TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND OR BRAD CUSHMAN OR NATHAN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL!!! WE ARE HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND OFFER ASSISTANCE!!!
- You are responsible for picking up your artwork at the close of the exhibition. April 13 – 15, 2021.