As part of the Joe T. Ford Trust and the Career Catalyst for UA Little Rock College of Business students, the third annual Ethics Forum will be held from 12:30pm to 4:30pm on Thursday, April 19 in the Dickinson Building room 100 (auditorium). The theme of this year’s Ethics Forum will be Ethics in Finance and Accounting.
This event will count towards three Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Coffee and snacks will be provided to all registered attendees. Free parking is available in lot 13, located near the intersection of University Avenue and 28th Street. Shuttle service to and from the parking lot will be provided.
Please register before Wednesday, April 18 to attend.
Program of events:
- 12:30 – 1:00 Registration.
- 1:00 – 1:10, Welcome with Dr. Ashvin Vibhakar (Joe T. Ford Chair of Finance) and Dr. Jane Wayland (Stephen Harrow Smith Dean of Business).
- 1:10 – 2:10 Why Ethics Matter, with Jim Allen.
- 2:10 – 2:40 Framework for Ethical Decision Making, with Bob Luck.
- 2:40 – 3:00 Break
- 3:00 – 4:25 Ethical Decision Making in Practice, Case Studies, with James Allen, Rob Glasgow, Greg Hartz, Paula Kinnard and Bob Luck.
- 4:25 – 4:30 Closing Remarks, with Dr. Ashvin Vibhakar.
Registration for this event has closed.
For more information about the Career Catalyst Program, watch the video.
Please note the portions highlighted in yellow for parking options and directions:
- Lot 13 will be open for free parking. From there, cross 28th Street at the crosswalk and follow the path as indicated in yellow. Dickinson Hall is located behind Cooper Fountain, beyond the courtyard.
- If you choose to utilize the Parking Deck, there is a $1 charge. Upon exiting the deck, cross Campus Drive West at the crosswalk and follow the path as indicated until you reach the courtyard and Cooper Fountain.
Shuttle service to and from Lot 13 will be provided.