|Admissions | Program Requirements | Graduation|
EIT Building, Room 55o, 501-569-8951, Website
Graduate Certificate in Data Science
The graduate certificate in Data Science consists of 12 graduate credits, which may be completed in the evenings or online. This certificate will provide individuals with a focused collection of course work dealing with complex information systems and data analytics. This program is designed for post-baccalaureate students and working professionals who are interested in moving into advanced data solution developers and data analyst leadership roles within their organizations or in preparation for entering master’s programs. The program is accessible to both day and evening students and both full-time and part-time students. In addition, a distance education option allows students to participate in the program via live webcasting.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Candidates with a background in computer programming, database concepts, and applied statistics, or who have professional experience in an information analytics role, will be the most prepared to enter and successfully complete the program.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- The GMAT and GRE scores are not required
- Completion of any remedial course work that may be specified by the department. Students seeking regular admission to the program are expected to have completed (with a grade of B or better in each course) undergraduate course work equivalent to the following UALR undergraduate courses:
- IFSC 2300 Object-oriented Software
- IFSC 3320 Database Concepts
- STAT 2350 Introduction to Statistical Methods
- Concurrent enrollment in the data science graduate certificate and MSIS program is permitted (e.g., MSIS students are eligible to receive certificates upon completion of the appropriate subsection of the MSIS curriculum).
- Students in the data science graduate certificate program must apply to the UALR Graduate School through the online application page. The certificate program code is DASC-GC.
For more information about the graduate certificate in data science, contact the program coordinator.
Applicants with a baccalaureate degree who fail to meet one or more of the other requirements for regular admission may be granted conditional admission. For conditionally admitted students, regular admission status will be granted once the student has satisfied the stipulations mentioned in the admission letter.
The Data Science graduate certificate requires the completion of 12 credit hours, as described below.
IFSC 5345 Information Visualization
IFSC 7320 Database Systems
or CPSC 7351 Database Design
IFSC 7360 Data and Information Privacy
IFSC 7370 Data Science and Technologies
Successful completion of the 12 hours of course work outlined above with a GPA of at least 3.0.