UA- Little Rock Children International is an extension of UALR’s commitment to service and community engagement. As Arkansas’ premier metropolitan university, UALR is committed to the needs of the community by creating active links between the campus and community. Children International works with parents, the Little Rock School District and partners to offer educational, health, and family services for 2,900 children, kindergarten through high school.
The Empowerment Program Assistant (SO4)will help provide quality Empowerment Programs for students enrolled in UA Little Rock Children International. Empowerment Programs serve sponsored youth primarily in middle school, but may also reach elementary aged children and youth and high school. Programs are held in various locations. The SO4 Program Assistant reports to the Empowerment Programs Coordinator at the main office, but may be assigned to program sites or asked to attend overnight activities or special events as needed. This is a grant-funded hourly position. The Empowerment Program Assistant (SO4)must be available September 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 for a total of 20 hours a week. Hours will be determined by programming needs. During required overnight activities and/or field trips, hours may be adjusted as needed.
This position pay $9 per hour/20 hours a week.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and delivery of Empowerment Program Curricula for children & youth.
- Attend training on facilitation skills, leadership modules, and age-appropriate teaching and learning techniques for youth.
- Facilitate and assist with a variety of whole group and small group Empowerment programs, such as Youth Leadership Council and iLEAD activities using designated curriculum.
- Assist with program administrative duties such as attendance, registration, recordkeeping, and data encoding.
- Supervise youth in groups & individually during hangouts & provide organized activities as needed.
- Assist with special activities, field trips, and overnight retreats as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills
- At least 18 years of age and able to provide own transportation to program sites
- Energetic and passionate about being a role model for all youth
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to facilitate and supervise children and youth
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Spanish helpful
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Education & Experience
Must have a high school diploma plus previous work or volunteer experience working with children or youth in a group setting
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to :
Faith McMath at email@example.com .
Call (501) 663-5541 for more information.