There are core competency courses in which the student must achieve a B or better. In the event that a B is not achieved in one of the core courses, the student must repeat the course. Note: This is a program requirement. Additional criteria may need to be met to satisfy state licensure requirements.
An overall GPA of 3.00 on all courses in the program of study is required to complete the program requirements for the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling Program. Total program hours are 60. Click here to download the Rehabilitation Counseling Plan of Study (PDF).
The core competency courses are a critical part of the graduation requirements of this program.
- COUN 7360 Rehabilitation Foundations
- COUN 7363 Career Counseling and Placement
- COUN 7364 Rehabilitation Case Management
- COUN 7365 Supervised Practice in Rehabilitation Counseling
- COUN 7660 Internship in Rehabilitation Counseling
- CNSL 7301 Counseling Theories and Applications
- CNSL 7302 Techniques for Counseling Interviews
- CNSL 7307 Theories and Techniques of Group Counseling
- COUN 7367 Assessment in Rehabilitation