On the day of commencement many students are worried about where to go and what to do. Below you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions that students have concerning what to do on the day of commencement.
- Once you arrive, you will report to Derek Fisher Court on the first level of the Jack Stephens Center. Signage around the building will direct you toward Fisher Court.
- Ample staff will be available to answer questions and line up students upon arrival to the Fisher Court. A marshal will be present to assist graduates with questions, academic regalia and the initial sign-in process, as needed.
- Please be sure to sign in and obtain a name card. Name card information will assist ceremony announcers in the preferred pronunciation of your name, as you cross the stage.
- The bookstore will have a merchandise table in Fisher Court should you forget any of your regalia. Please note that the usual costs/fees are applicable. Full academic regalia is required to participate in the ceremony.
- Photographers will be stationed in Fisher Court to take photos that can be added to your (option to purchase) commencement photo package.
- Guests are not permitted in Fisher Court. This area is reserved for graduating students only. Food and drinks are not allowed in Fisher Court.
- Please do not bring valuables (purses, extra clothing/shoes, etc.) into Fisher Court. There is no place to secure these items and there will be no one to watch them while the commencement ceremony takes place.
- UA Little Rock is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not permitted in or around the Jack Stephens Center.
If you have questions or concerns before the day of commencement you may contact the Office of Records and Registration.