- 2017-18 CNMG Eight-Semester Plan
- 2017-18 Undergraduate Catalog for the Department
- 2015-16 CNMG Eight-Semester Plan
- 2015-16 CNMG Degree Requirements
- 2015-16 Undergraduate Catalog for the Department
- CNMG Goals, Program Educational Objectives, and Student Outcomes
- UA Little Rock Construction Programs Poster
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Twenty-four students graduated from the B.S. in construction management program during the 2015-16 academic year. At the beginning of the 2016-17 academic year, 106 students were enrolled in the B.S. in construction management program.
After admission to UA Little Rock, any student may declare a major or minor in construction management. To discuss the extensive opportunities that exist in construction management, students should visit the construction management office in ETAS 203 or call (501) 569-8133. E-mail may be directed to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Experience Requirement
All baccalaureate students in the department are required to complete a minimum of 800 contact hours of practical work experience in an approved construction-related activity. This stipulation provides the graduate with valuable industry experience and insights.
Minor in Construction Management
The minor in construction management is available to all UA Little Rock students who want to learn about construction materials, methods, and management. Students are required to take eighteen credit hours of approved CNMG courses.
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
The construction management program is an interdisciplinary baccalaureate degree program that builds upon construction methods, engineering techniques, and business courses offered in the Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology and the College of Business. The integrated curriculum provides a foundation for the capstone courses offered in the senior year and the required passage of the Associate Constructor (AC) exam. A minor is not required for the degree, but may be obtained within the College of Business.
Students seeking a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management degree must achieve at least a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) in the major (all required CNMG courses), and also must pass the Associate Constructor (AC) examination. A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or above is required for all work completed at UA Little Rock.
A minor is not required for the construction management degree.
The UA Little Rock construction management program has several student chapters and one honor society for student involvement. The student chapters are affiliated with the Associated General Contractors (AGC), the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Construction Specification Institute (CSI), and the Forest Product Society (FPS). The Arkansas chapter of each association sponsors the student chapters and provides opportunities for students to interact and network with members of their organizations.
Special student membership is also available with the American Concrete Institute (ACI), American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE), National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), and the International Code Council (ICC).
Students who meet the requirements can become members of Sigma Lambda Chi, the International Honor Society for Leaders in Construction.
The department is a member of the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) and participates in its regional construction management competitions. Selected students can also compete in the sponsoring student chapter construction management competitions for ABC, AGC, and FPS.
The four-year baccalaureate, construction management program is fully accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE). The ACCE is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as the national accrediting agency for four-year baccalaureate programs in construction education. Accreditation is a means for recognizing educational institutions that achieve and maintain a level of performance, integrity, and quality that entitles them to the confidence of the educational community and the public they serve. The UA Little Rock construction management program is the only such accredited program in the University of Arkansas system.
Academic Quality Assessment and Improvement
- UALR Institutional Mission
- CNMG Quality Improvement Plan – 2016-17 – NEW
- CNMG Quality Improvement Plan – 2015
- CNMG Program Assessment Report – 2015
- CNMG Program Assessment Report – 2012
- CNMG Program Assessment Report – 2011
- CNMG Program Assessment Reports – Previous Years
- CNMG Department Annual Report 2011
- CNMG Department Annual Report Appendix 2011
- CNMG Graduate Employment Data – 2016 – NEW
- CNMG Graduate Employment Data – 2015
- CNMG Program Graduate Employment and Salary Data – 2012
- CNMG Department Student Awards 2011
- CNMG Department Student Awards 2012
- CNMG Student Scholarships: UALR, EIT, CNMG
- Commercial Building Construction Competition Team 2012
- Heavy Civil Construction Competition Team 2012
Faculty Excellence Awards
- Mark Squires – EIT Faculty Excellence Award in Public Service 2015
- Amin Akhnoukh – EIT Faculty Excellence Award in Public Service 2014
- Jim Carr – EIT Faculty Excellence Award in Public Service 2012
- Mike Tramel – EIT Faculty Excellence Award in Public Service 2011