Student Spotlight: Colin Davies

Please meet Colin Davies from Little Rock, Arkansas who is UA Little Rock Senior majoring in Criminal Justice, Psychology and Political Science. 

“I currently work at UPS down by the airport, as a part-time supervisor and I have been working there for about three years now. In my spare time I love going to the gym and working out, it is a really good way to help with combating the stress of school. I am also a big foodie, so whenever a new restaurant opens my friends and I go try it.”

How has receiving The Last Mile Scholarship helped you?

“Receiving The Last Mile Scholarship has been life changing and also an honor. With this being my last semester I was stressed out on how I was going to pay for my tuition, but receiving The Last Mile Scholarship has put my mind as easy and has pushed me even further to graduate and be the first person in my family to graduate from college. By graduating from college, I hope that I can inspire other people in my family to go to college and show them that it is possible to graduate.”

What are your career goals following graduation in December?

“My post-graduation career goals are to continue my education and attend law school next year. I am getting ready to submit some applications to some schools and hopefully hear back from them very soon. While attending law school, I plan on focusing on either Human Rights or Criminal Justice laws.”

Posted in: Student Spotlight
Read more about: , ,