Student Spotlight: Katie Zakrzewski

Today we would like to celebrate Katie Zakrzewski, a CSSC student from North Little Rock, double majoring in Criminal Justice and Anthropology. Katie is the Student Government Association Student Body President, Donaghey Scholars Co-Chair, Anthropology Club President, Criminal Justice Society President, and Vice-Chair of College Republicans. She also serves on several committees across campus to ensure that the student perspective is heard and considered in all operations.

What are your plans following graduation?

“Following graduation, I intend to participate in a dual program here on campus that will allow me to get a Masters and a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice in 3 years. I want to do policy work here in Central Arkansas. I believe that there is room for improvement in nearly every facet of life, from education to energy efficiency to criminal reform. I want to do everything in my power to see the people in our community, and this state thrive!”

What do you enjoy most about being a CSSC student?

“The CSSC does an amazing job connecting with students and providing outlets for students to become more involved in their interests. The CSSC communicates information thoroughly and efficiently to students and provides plenty of support in the form of events and groups on campus while providing recommendations for events within the Central Arkansas community. This college has referred me to so many exciting and helpful internships and organizations that were pivotal in shaping who I am as a person.”

“UA Little Rock is a campus with plenty of potential. Our professors and Deans are your champions and allies. They want to see you succeed, and they want to help you do so. UA Little Rock is a campus full of opportunities and things to do.”

Posted in: Student Spotlight