Non-Renewable energy is the energy which is taken from the sources that are available on the earth in limited quantity and will vanish fifty-sixty years from now. Non-renewable sources are not environmental friendly and can have serious affect on our health. They are called non-renewable because they cannot be re-generated within a short span of time. Non-renewable sources exist in the form of fossil fuels, natural gas, oil and coal.
Here are some of the pros and cons of using non-renewable sources of energy:-
- Non-renewable sources are cheap and easy to use. You can easily fill up your car tank and power your motor vehicle.
- You can use small amount of nuclear energy to produce large amount of power.
- Non-renewable have little or no competition at all. For eg: if you are driving a battery driven car your battery gets discharged then you won’t be able to charge it in the middle if the road rather it is easy to find a gas pumping station.
- They are considered as cheap when converting from one type of energy to another.
- Non-renewable sources will expire some day and we have to us our endangered resources to create more non-renewable sources of energy.
- The speed at which such resources are being utilized can have serious environmental changes.
- Non-renewable sources release toxic gases in the air when burnt which are the major cause for global warming.
- Since these sources are going to expire soon, prices of these sources are soaring day by day.
Why Should we Conserve Energy?
Energy needs to be conserved to protect our environment from drastic changes, to save the depleting resources for our future generations.The rate at which the energy is being produced and consumed can damage our world in many ways. In other words, it helps us to save the environment. We can reduce those impacts by consuming less energy.The cost of energy is rising every year. It is important for us to realize how energy is useful to us and how can we avoid it getting wasted.
To start saving energy is not a big thing at all. We can start saving the energy from our home itself, just by turning off the lights during day hours, washing clothes in cold water or using public transport instead of using our own vehicle and later can implement these things on much wider scale at society level, then at city level then district level and finally at country level. You might notice a small change in your monthly bills by implementing these changes as they would be getting decreased more and more.With so many alternatives and so many techniques about there, if millions of people like us start doing these things, it will help us to save much more money and also help the environment.
– See more at: http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/#sthash.4xR66TDv.dpuf