A new State Office Paper Recycling Program took effect July 1, 2008. Please see below as to what can and cannot be recycled in the paper bins.
For additional information on the State Paper Recycling Program, contact the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Solid Waste Division at 501.682.0812.
You Can Recycle
Remove all paper and binder clips; however, staples do not have to be removed.
- All white office paper (e.g., all laser-printed paper, plotter output, envelopes, and Post-It notes)
- Mixed paper, including colored paper and carbonless forms
- Card stock (e.g., manila folders, business cards, Rolodex cards, index cards, and postcards)
- Manila envelopes that are not padded
- Junk mail, including window envelopes
- Coated paper
- Newspapers and comic pages
- Soft-bound books, including phone books, manuals, and other soft-bound books
- Chipboard (e.g., paper towel cores; cereal boxes, frozen meal boxes but nothing with food on it)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Paper ream wrappers
- Grocery sacks
- Feed sacks
You Cannot Recycle
- Food or food-contaminated wrappings and boxes
- Food-contaminated aluminum foil
- Plastic cups
- Yogurt cups
- Microwavable, disposable food dishes
- Tupperware or similar food containers
- Plastic wrap or plastic bags
- Dishes, glasses, or ceramics
- Glass bottles, light bulbs, plate glass, mirrors, or windows
- Hardback books or hardback notebooks (e.g., 3-ring binders)
- Manila envelopes with padding (e.g., bubble wrap padding)
- Paint or aerosol cans
- Home hazardous materials such as batteries, electronics, paint, etc.