- Safeguard the vehicle, charge card, and keys against damage, theft, or misuse.
- Obey all traffic laws. Traffic or parking violations are the personal responsibility of the driver.
- Park the vehicle in a secure facility when possible. Any parking and storage expenses are the responsibility of your department.
- Lock all doors, set the parking brake, and carry the keys and charge card with you when leaving the vehicle unattended.
- Report lost, damaged, or stolen charge cards and/or license plates to the Facilities Management Operations and Services center immediately by calling 501-916-3390. If it’s outside our normal business hours, please contact UA Little Rock DPS at 501-916-5304.
- Immediately report vehicle theft to the following:
- Local law enforcement
- Facilities Management Operations and Services department
- Your supervisor
- Utilize your leased vehicle’s roadside assistance programs, by calling the number on the back of the WEX fleet card, to save the government money for services such as:
- Break down towing
- Lockout services
- Vehicle jump starting
- Use the vehicle for activities outside of your agency’s mission including private business or personal errands. Vehicle usage is for UA Little Rock purposes only and is a reflection of UA Little Rock. Reported incidents of misuse can result in disciplinary actions against you, the driver — Federal Management Regulation (FMR) 102-34.200.
- Transport members of your:
- Personal friends; or
- Non-government employees in the vehicle outside of your agency’s mission; or
- Without specific permission from the head of your agency or his or her designee.
- Use the vehicle for transportation to or from work or park it at your residence without valid written authorization, as required by FMR 102-34.225.
- Text while driving. The state of Arkansas bans texting while driving for all drivers and also bans the use of hand-held cell phones while driving in a school zone or highway construction zone (Governors Highway Safety Association).
- Smoke. Smoking is prohibited in GSA Fleet vehicles.
Retrieved from U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Customer and Driver Information