We will continue to update this page as additional information is available.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the following changes are in effect as of March 23, 2020:
- The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships is closed to student traffic until further notice. As a result, we will be unable to accept documents in person.
- The most secure method for submitting documents is via your BOSS account. Please contact Financial Aid via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request upload access to your BOSS account.
- Documents may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Due to privacy concerns, we strongly recommend that you only use your UA Little Rock email account to submit documents to us via email.
- We will also accept documents via mail or fax. Please be aware that there may be a delay in processing mailed or faxed documents. We will do our best to process those documents within one week.
- For the foreseeable future, our office is working remotely. If you need to contact our office please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our Financial Aid Advisors will get back to you within 24 business hours.
Below are updates to policies and deadlines specific to UA Little Rock:
April 15th Update:
UA Little Rock understands students are making great sacrifices to remain enrolled and complete their degrees during the coronavirus health crisis. To ease this burden, UA Little Rock is temporarily relaxing institutional scholarship renewal requirements for current institutional scholarship recipients.
Typically, freshmen must complete a minimum of 27 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA while other undergraduates must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA by the end of the spring semester. These renewal requirements will be temporarily relaxed for 2019-20 scholarship recipients. Scholarship renewal requirements are now a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA and passing two-thirds of attempted credit hours. These changes are only in effect for renewals processed at the conclusion of the spring 2020 term. Summer forgiveness will still be available to those who do not meet these updated renewal requirements.
For more information about what scholarships are included please see the scholarship page.
April 8th Update:
Update from Citizens Bank Student Lending:
For Citizens One student lending customers experiencing financial hardship during this time, Citizens One has made payment relief options available. We’re committed to helping our customers maintain financial stability and wellness during this difficult time by offering:
a 3-month emergency forbearance during which student loan payments will be suspended*
an option for an additional 3 months emergency forbearance
fee waivers for late student loan payments
We recommend that Citizens One student loan customers in need of temporary financial relief discuss their unique situation with Firstmark Services, our trusted servicing partner. Customers may contact Firstmark by calling 866-259-3768.
March 26th Update:
The final deadline to complete your financial aid requirements for spring 2020 has been extended from April 1 to May 1, 2020.
March 23rd Update:
The final deadline to be considered for Institutional Merit Scholarships has been extended to August 1, 2020. Students must apply for admission by August 1st in order to be considered for Academic Merit or Early Trojans awards – no scholarship application is necessary.
The deadline for Private Scholarships remains April 1, 2020.
Covid-19 & Federal Financial Aid Updates:
The US Department of Education issued guidance to address compliance with Title IV Higher Education Act (HEA) policies for students receiving federal financial aid whose activities have been affected by COVID-19. UA Little Rock is reviewing the guidance and will contact students when necessary.
The US Department of Education has announced that all federally held student loans will receive a temporary 0.00% interest rate effective 03/13/20. No action is required on the part of the student or borrower to receive this incentive.
Also, all federally held student loans are eligible for a forbearance. The forbearance is automatic with no action required for student loans 31 or more days delinquent. Student loan customers current on payments can also qualify upon request. For more information, borrowers should contact their loan servicer online or by phone.