National Board Certification
The mission of our National Board Candidate Support Site is to make a positive difference with teachers who are seeking National Board Certification by providing the highest level of professional support by a trained leadership who are committed, caring National Board Certified Teachers.
About National Board Support at UA Little Rock…
We have support for you! We are 14 trained National Board facilitators who have either certified in your area or have mentored candidates in your certificate area.
ADE Orientation for National Board Certification funding April 13 Click here to register!
1. GATE 7393 (three hours Graduate Credit offered in Summer) Pre – Candidacy for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. This 5-week course is online and is available through the UA Little Rock School of Education. This course is designed to deeply assist teachers with writing the ADE grant application, provide tools and resources for National Board success., and guidance in planning the three classroom-based components.
2. GATE 7393 (three hours Graduate Credit offered in Spring) Advanced – Candidacy for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. This 11-week online course guides National Board Candidates to polish and submit the classroom-based components for National Board Certification. Practice sessions for Component One, the assessment center, is also included.
Email Dr. Deitz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these courses or information on how to apply to the UA Little Rock Graduate School.
2. Fall National Board Jumpstart – September 21, 2019 (Registration required; see form below)
3. Candidate support meetings – October – May (Register in August for UA Little Rock Support Center at ADE webpage for National Board Certification)
4. ADE Grant Application Two-Day Workshops. UA Little Rock offers several application workshops that are free to registered teachers. Registration for these workshops will begin in April. By the end of the workshop, participants can expect to understand the application process, the components of the grant application, and have a draft of the application narratives.
Click here to Register for a UA Little Rock Grant Application Workshop (Link opens in April)
Need Resources? Visit our Resource Center
National Board Certification Jumpstart
Registration for this workshop will open in April.
September 21, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
UA Little Rock