National Board Certification
The mission of our National Board Candidate Support Site is to make a positive difference with teachers who are seeking National Board Certification by providing the highest level of professional support by a trained leadership who are committed, caring National Board Certified Teachers.
About National Board Support at UA Little Rock…
We have support for you! We are 16 trained National Board facilitators who have either certified in your area or have mentored candidates in your certificate area.
June 6: ADE Orientation for National Board Certification funding 12:30 (sign-in). Session is 12:30 – 3:30. See ADE Commissioner’s Memo for details.
Seeking ADE funding for National Board Certification? Attend our free Writing Workshop!
Thank you for your interest. Our writing workshops are full. Registration for our Fall Jumpstart is still open (see below). This workshop is provided at no cost to participants. Our one-day session reviews required knowledge and writing skills for National Board Certification. These processes may be applied to the ADE grant application for National Board Certification. Led by NBCTs, this workshop explains the grant-writing process, provides insights into writing effectively to rubrics, and offers support during the initial writing processes. Select the date that works best with your schedule. Register Here! (NOTE: Due to limited seating and resources, only those who are pre-registered may attend.
Prepare, Learn, & Earn Graduate Credit for National Board Certification
Offered through the UA Little Rock School of Education, these individual courses have no pre-requisites. Select the course(s) that best meet your needs as a candidate.
1. Pre – Candidacy for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (GATE 7393 – three hours of Graduate Credit offered in Summer). This 5-week course is online and is available through the UA Little Rock School of Education. This course is designed to deeply assist teachers with writing the ADE grant application, provide tools and resources for National Board success., and guidance in planning the three classroom-based components. Taught by Dr. Christine Deitz, two-time National Board Certified Teacher.
2. National Board Candidacy (GATE 7393 – three hours of Graduate Credit offered in Fall) . This 11-week course is online and is available through the UA Little Rock School of Education. This course offers National Board Teacher Candidates an important August start to the certification process. This course provides in depth knowledge of multiple teaching strategies, identifies best practices and strategies, guides teachers in selecting or developing formative and summative assessments, and provides essential feedback during each phase of the Component development stage. Taught by Dr. Christine Deitz, NBCT
3. Advanced Candidacy for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (GATE 7393 – three hours of Graduate Credit offered in Spring) . This 11-week online course guides National Board Candidates to polish and submit the classroom-based components for National Board Certification. Practice sessions for Component One, the assessment center, are also included. Taught by Dr. Christine Deitz, NBCT
Email Dr. Deitz at email@example.com for more information about these courses or information on how to apply to the UA Little Rock Graduate School.
Already registered as a UA Little Rock graduate student? Log into your BOSS account and register for your course today!
2. Fall National Board Jumpstart – September 21, 2019 (Registration required; scroll down for more information)
3. Candidate support meetings – October – May (Register in August for UA Little Rock Support Center at ADE webpage for National Board Certification)
4. Writing for National Board Certification – One-Day Workshops. UA Little Rock offers several workshops that are free to registered teachers. Registration for these workshops begins in April. By the end of the workshop, participants can expect to understand the writing processes required for National Board Certification and how to apply these processes to the ADE grant for NB Certification. (Sorry, Workshop are Full).
Need Resources? Visit our Resource Center
National Board Certification Fall Jumpstart
Registration for this workshop is now OPEN! Click here to register for this workshop that is provided at no cost to ADE-funded candidates.
September 21, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at UA Little Rock